W01 is considered as one of the key courses needed by those who are working in the insurance sector. It helps the insurance workers to acquire the knowledge and to understand the basic principles of insurance.
Upon completion of the course, trainees will be expected
• Help the learner to develop better understanding of the nature and main features of risk and insurance.
• Assist the learner to enhance the knowledge about the structure and main features of the insurance market.
• Enhance the learner ability to understand the main legal principles governing insurance contracts.
• Increase the understanding about the main regulatory and legal principles applicable to the transaction of insurance business.
• Improve the knowledge about the key aspects of ethics, corporate governance and internal controls.
• Basic principles of Insurance .
• Main legal principles related to insurance contracts .
• Main regulatory principles related to insurance business
• Key elements to protect consumers .
• 2-hour exam.
• 100 multiple choice questions (online examination).
• 70% nominal pass mark .
Upon completion, trainees will receive a Certificate of Completion from The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).