The CCNA Security is a hands-on, career-oriented course that is a blend of instructor led, e-learning, and hands-on. The course emphasizes on practical experience to help trainees develop specialized security skills to advance their career. The curriculum prepares students for entry-level security career opportunities implementing Cisco Networking Security (IINS) certication exam (210-260) leading to the Cisco CCNA Security certication.
CCNA Security can be delivered as an independent curriculum or integrated into a broader course of study, such as technology or continuing program. All hands-on labs in the course can be completed on actual physical equipment or in conjunction with the NDG NETLAB solution, which provides remote access to equipment over the internet. The course provides a next step for individuals wanting to enhance their CCNET-Level skills and help meet the growing demand for network security professionals. The curriculum provides an introduction to the core security concepts and skills needed for installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of network devices to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices.
Upon completion of the course, trainees will be expected to:
• Understand network threats, mitigation technologies, and the basics of security network
• Know how to Secure administrative access on Cisco routers
• Know how to Secure administrative access with AAA
• Be able to the Implement rewall technologies to secure the network perimeter
• Be able to Congure IPS to mitigate attacks on the network
• Know LAN security consideration and implement endpoint and layer 2 security features
• Know the methods for implementing data condentiality and integrity authentication.
• Be able to Implement secure virtual private networks
• Be able to Implement an ASA rewall conguration using the CLI
• Be able to Implementing ASA rewall conguration and VPNs using ASDM
• Be able to test network security and create a technical security policy
• Modern Network Security Threats
• Securing Network Devices
• Authentication, Authorization and Accounting
• Implementing rewall technologies
• Implementing Intrusion prevention
• Securing the local area network
• Cryptographic Systems
• Implementing virtual private network
• Implementing the Cisco Adaptive security appliances
To obtain this Cisco certication, trainee must pass the following
This exam tests the trainee’s knowledge of secure network infrastructure, understanding core security concepts, managing secure access, VPN encryption, rewalls, intrusion prevention, web and email content security, and endpoint security. This exam validates skills for installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of a secure network to maintain integrity, condentiality, and availability of data and devices. Trainees who pass the exam will be awarded a certicate of completion from CISCO.