This practically-oriented training course provides trainees with an opportunity to look more deeply into general health and safety from a supervisory perspective, and successful trainees will be able to help their organisation whatever the size or activity in improving the health and safety culture.
Upon completion of the course, trainees will be expected to:
1. Know the legal requirements that relate to supervising staff safely.
2. Understand the objectives of management systems to support health and safety in the workplace.
3. Examine workplace procedures to minimise the threat of hazards and risks.
4. Carry out health and safety monitoring activities in the workplace.
• Roles and responsibilities
• Developing a positive health and safety culture
• The legal position
• Enforcement of health and safety law
• Health and safety management systems
• The health and safety policy
• Risk assessment
• Applying the hierarchy of controls
• Health and safety monitoring
• Accident reporting and investigation
The course is assessed via an online assignment after course completion where trainees need to complete a set of tasks in their own workplace. Trainees who score higher than 30 and above out of 45 will be awarded a certicate of completion from British Safety Council.