The course describes “the art of negotiation that can save time, save money, develop a higher degree of satisfaction with outcomes at home, work and earn greater respect in the workplace”. Negotiating is fundamental fact of life at any level. This course will help giving participants confidence when negotiating with both internal and external clients. It also includes techniques to promote eective communication and to turn face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving
Upon completion of the course, trainees will be expected to:
• Understand the benets of good negotiation skills.
• Know the importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
• Understand the various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
• Understand the strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
• Know how to develop alternatives and recognize options.
• Understand the basic negotiation principles, including
BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA
• What is Negotiation?
• The Successful Negotiator
• Preparing for Negotiation
• The Nuts and Bolts
• Making the Right Impression
• Getting off to a Good Start
• Exchanging Information
• The Bargaining Stage
• Inventing Options for Mutual Gain
• Getting Past No and Getting to Yes
• Dealing with Negative Emotions
• Moving from Bargaining to Closing
• The Closing Stage
Upon completion, trainees will receive a certificate of participation from Recourse Training Center